With nine children, you could say that a woman named Angela Fullmer was a busy woman. Her youngest child was just three months old, she had just completed a college degree, and her husband, a truck driver, was out of town. Even more, she also had two dogs in the family. So, when her dog began barking loudly in the middle of the night recently, she had very little patience for the noise in her home in Des Moines.
The barking was persistent though, even after Angela called for her dog Capone to stop and commanding him to come. If anything, Capone was a reliable pooch, after Angela and her husband rescued him from the side of the highway nearly two years ago. This time, the dog wouldn’t stop barking and running into the home’s kitchen. Sensing something was wrong, she finally followed Capone into the kitchen, where she realized a fire had started and the family’s microwave was engulfed in flames.
Though the fire seemed small, Angela sprang into action to gather her children to exit the home quickly. The nine children assembled quickly, did a roll call to ensure everyone was present and exited the home safely to call 911. Capone safely exited the house as well, once he knew his human family was safe.
The family lost everything in the fire, unfortunately. They were renting a home and all the contents were damaged by both smoke and water damage. Things are looking up for the family though, who along with Capone the dog are preparing to move into a large home with a big backyard for the hero dog. Authorities say Capone saved the family from harm by barking for over two minutes until he woke his owner up from sleep. He warned her of the fire before fire alarms sounded, helping the mother and her children to safely escape before the flames engulfed the home. What a hero!